Weekend plans

Weekend plans: Juice Jam, Icona Pop, Irish Festival

Sam Maller | Staff Photographer

Get as pumped as this student for Juice Jam 2015 coming this Sunday.

Even though everyone will have Juice Jam on their minds this weekend, there are many more events to attend around the Syracuse area. A free electro-pop concert, beer garden and real-life game of Clue all promise a fun time, so there’s something to enjoy every night. Click on the orange text to see the full story.

Juice Jam

SU’s much-hyped fall concert is finally here. The lineup was a long time coming, but you and your friends won’t care when you’re dancing on Skytop Field this Sunday. The six-artist lineup will begin at noon, so make sure to set an alarm so you don’t miss a single beat. Oh, and pray the weather is decent.

juicejam22

Sam Maller | Staff Photographer

Icona Pop

The Swedish electro-pop duo Icona Pop will perform in Liverpool this Friday with free admission for all ages. Yes, completely free admission. The concert will take place in Sharkey’s Bar and Grill starting at 6 p.m. and is part of a kickoff party for HOT 107.9’s “Wonderland” mini-festival. The festival will take place next weekend, but tickets are no longer for sale.

Icona Pop

Courtesy of Atlantic Recording Corporation

Irish Festival

You have an excuse to wear your kilt this weekend at the Syracuse Irish Festival. Taking place on Friday and Saturday in Clinton Square, the festival offers an abundance of Irish rock performances, authentic food and Gaelic language classes. Last year, a beer garden was added to the event, which is definitely a draw for those interested in traditional Irish brews.

irish fest

Frankie Prijatel | Staff Photographer

Syracuse vs. Wake Forest

The Orange will be back in the Dome this Saturday against the Demon Deacons, who appear to be a more formidable opponent that the Rams were this past Friday. However, they were the worst team in the ACC last season, so ‘Cuse still stands a chance. Plus, the team will play its first game without Terrell Hunt, their fallen quarterback, so it will be interesting to see how they handle the change.

090415_s_FBvsURIfans_LoganReidsma -9599

Logan Reidsma | Photo Editor

Murder Mystery Dinner

This week’s Orange After Dark event is a live-action game of Clue in the Schine Underground on Friday at 10 p.m. Food will offered and the mystery participants will solve the “Murder at the Masquerade,” which sounds like a cool late-night challenge for those who always wanted to be Nancy Drew or a Hardy Boy. Tickets are free and can be picked up at the Schine Box Office.

Scare-A-Con

Horror and sci-fi fans shouldn’t miss this weekend’s Scare-A-Con at the Turning Stone Casino. With movie screenings, panels, swag bags and celebrity sightings, it is bringing Halloween to Syracuse a month early. Jeryl Prescott from The Walking Dead and C. Thomas Howell from E.T. will be there, so be sure to get an autograph if  you go.