2016 NFL Draft: Former Syracuse OL Rob Trudo will attend Tampa Bay Buccaneers mini camp

Rob Trudo became the third former Syracuse player to find a home in the NFL after going undrafted.

Former Syracuse offensive linemen Rub Trudo will attend Tampa Bay Buccaneers mini camp, representation agency DEC Management announced Saturday night.

Trudo went undrafted in the seven rounds of the NFL Draft and joins Julian Whigham and Ron Thompson as former SU players who have latched on with teams after not being taken in the Draft.

Trudo started 11 games, nine of them at right guard and two at center. He started 49 total games over the course of his four-year playing career after redshirting his first year. He’s projected as a guard at the NFL level by nfldraftscout.com and guard was his more natural position in college. 

The senior captain was viewed as one of the emotional leaders of the team this year. Former head coach Scott Shafer used to hold team meetings on Friday nights before games and prior to the meeting before the Boston College game, which would be Shafer’s last game as the Syracuse head coach, he drafted up a speech but became too emotional to say it and asked Trudo to recite it to the team, per Syracuse.com. 

After SU beat BC on a game-winning field goal, Trudo helped carry Shafer off of the field.